Legal research often refers to researching legal concepts for a case. However, it can also refer to researching information you need to go through with a case. Even if you already know everything you need to know about the legal status of your case, you need general information on which to build that case. You can get some of that information from your client, but a public records search engine can help you get even more. Here are a few of the ways a public records search can help with legal research.
Adding Knowledge to Your Legal Information
Of course, you probably already have a decent amount of legal information regarding your case. Your client should give you a pretty significant amount of information when they come to you. The thing is, you often won’t be able to get all the information you need to construct a solid case. Clients simply don’t always have all the information you need. Instead, you need to use a public records search to get additional information that you can use to beef up your case.
- The information you already have about a case might not be enough for you to solidly win the case.
- If you want to feel more comfortable about a legal case, you’re going to want to add additional information to your case.
- A public records search can help you uncover additional knowledge you can use to boost your case, like address history or employment.
Connecting the Dots Between Subjects
Sometimes, you’ll have to connect two subjects for a case. This may mean connecting a rival subject with someone they claim not to know, connecting your subject with someone who claims not to know them, or even connecting someone with a corporation or business they claim not to have involvement in. However, creating that connection can be much more difficult than it appears at first. A public records search engine can help you connect those dots more easily.
- In law, connections are an important part of building a case, especially if you don’t have a lot of physical evidence.
- Connections can be difficult to prove unless you have the right records that clearly show a connection between two subjects.
- To find the records you’re looking for, you’ll want to consult a high-quality public records search engine.
Locating Difficult-To-Find Witnesses
Especially if you’re working in a criminal case with law enforcement, it’s common that you’ll have to try to get in contact with someone who really doesn’t want to be found. In these instances, you’re going to need to utilize all the resources you have available for skip tracing because you have to get in contact with the person regardless of how badly they want to remain hidden. Skip tracing becomes much easier with quality public records.
- Many criminal cases involve individuals who don’t want you to get in contact with them.
- Finding these people is an important part of solving a case, regardless of how much work they put into staying hidden.
- Skip tracing with a robust people search engine is much easier than trying to skip trace the old fashioned way.
Verifying and Confirming Identities
When you talk to people and transmit information in your law firm, you need to always think about verifying the identities on the other side. In today’s technological age, it’s easy for people to pretend to be someone they’re not, but if you have the right tools, it’s also easy to tell who’s telling the truth and who’s lying. With a public records search engine, you’ll be able to divide things between people who are telling the truth and people who aren’t.
- Verifying people’s identities is an important part of running a tight ship when it comes to your law firm’s security.
- Anytime you’re talking to someone or handing over information, you need to verify the other person’s identity first.
- A public records search engine will let you verify people’s identities more easily in your day-to-day life.
"The accuracy and timeliness of the information on Tracers is the biggest benefit for me. Sometimes, if I am pulling up information on the other tools, they have addresses that are years old and that does me no good."
Central Atlantic Legal Group PLLC
Do You Need Tracers’ Legal Research Tools?
You can do some of this research on your own, but in general, you need a strong source of information if you want to run your law firm more effectively. That’s where Tracers comes in. With Tracers, you have access to billions of records covering nearly every adult in America, so you can craft a strong legal case more easily. Keep yourself and your clients safe — use Tracers data to learn more and do your job better.