Assets can be an important part of any legal battle. For example, if you’re working in collections, you may need to understand all the assets an individual has so you know what to go after. If you’re thinking about going into business with someone, you may want perform an asset search to learn about whether that person has any judgments or liens on their current assets. Overall, comprehensive asset investigation is an extremely important and incredibly useful part of many individuals’ work. Here’s how a thorough asset search can help you in various situations.
Expose someone’s hidden assets with public records
There are many different situations in which someone may want to hide their assets. In Family Law, especially in a situation like a divorce where you may need to split assets 50/50, it’s not uncommon for the more well-off spouse to try and hide some of their assets so they don’t have to split them with the other spouse. In this situation, you need to be able to expose that person’s assets and bring them to the table so you can deal with them legally.
- Someone hiding their assets may be trying to pay less than they owe or refuse to offer important assets to a spouse or partner.
- If you just take their word for it, you may end up with an unfair and unbalanced agreement.
- If you use a people search engine to search for the other party’s assets, you’ll be able to uncover all assets, not just ones each person makes easily available.
Asset search services make collections easier
An important part of collections is understanding more about someone’s assets. If you’re legally allowed to collect on an aircraft, for example, you may need to learn more about that aircraft before you can collect it. That may include information about the aircraft’s specs, but it may also include information about the name and address of the person it’s registered to. Whether you’re collecting on an aircraft or on something much smaller, a people search engine can help you do it.
- Collection agencies need to get a lot of information about people’s assets in a very short amount of time.
- Especially if you don’t have a lot of information about an asset, you need to have a method of obtaining that information.
- A public search engine could give you the information you’re looking for.
Fulfill your due diligence with asset search services
In a business, you have certain requirements that you need to meet if you want to keep yourself and your customers safe. Doing your due diligence is an important part of these requirements. Businesses need to make sure they’re investing in, hiring and doing business with safe individuals. Whether it’s legally mandated or just a social necessity, it’s important that you know your business partners are being upfront about their situation, which may mean verifying their assets through a third party.
- Due diligence describes the processes you use to shield yourself from potential legal troubles in the future.
- Part of due diligence is verifying the information that people who work with you give to you and your organization.
- With a public and private records database, you’re able to get that information from a reputable source with no worries about bias.
Peform a skip trace to find someone’s current and past locations
One of the more difficult things that many licensed investigators run into is skip tracing. Especially if you’re trying to track down the alleged perpetrator of a crime or you want to find someone who’s running away from their debts, you might need to pull out skip tracing procedures to find that individual. One method of skip tracing that can be very successful is using the addresses assigned to someone’s assets. A quality search engine might be able to help.
- Uncovering someone’s location is one of the most important parts of many investigations.
- It’s hard to get generalized information about someone’s current and past locations on your own.
- The right skip tracing software could help you get that information and use it to uncover more about an individual.
“I have used numerous different database searches, and have found the information I get from Tracers to be the gold standard. Its data is the latest and most reliable among the services I have used.”
Guardian Research Associates
Comprehensive, Easy Asset Search Online
Uncovering more about an asset can be tough, and that’s why so many people, from law enforcement to government agencies, trust Tracers. With Tracers, you can get in-depth information about someone’s assets, including information that isn’t even available through most public records. That makes it easy for you to run searches on the people you’re trying to learn more about so you can get the maximum amount of information with a minimum amount of effort.
What is an asset search?
An asset search, also known as an asset analysis or asset investigation, is performed by searching public and private records to confirm information such as the asset owner, the history of the asset, business due diligence, or someone’s current and past location.
Who can do an asset search?
An asset search can be performed by anyone who has access to a public records or a public and private records search engine. Attorneys, private investigators, business consultants, government agencies, and law enforcement are all examples of people who can do an asset search.
What does an asset search reveal?
An asset search can reveal a number of things, such as the ability to expose someone’s hidden assets, or a property or asset report. An asset search service can also reveal someone’s current and past locations. One method of skip tracing is using the addresses assigned to someone that can be revealed with an asset search. An asset search can even show if someone has any judgments or liens on their current assets.