Whether you’re training a new officer or you’re working on ways to make the job easier for existing officers, you always need case support tools. These tools are invaluable when you’re trying to solve crimes more quickly or make your officers more effective. However, many law enforcement agencies don’t use publicly available information that can actually make it easier for them to solve crimes. With a public records search engine, you can maximize the way in which your officers work in the field.
Solving Crimes More Quickly
One of the most important things you should do, especially when it comes to extremely urgent criminal problems, is reduce the amount of time it takes you to solve crimes on average. For example, if you’re dealing with an abduction or a murder, days and even hours can count. Instead of waiting long amounts of time to discover certain pieces of information, you can use a public records search engine to get that information immediately.
- Being able to solve crimes more quickly can lead to a better success rate, which can lead to better community relations.
- If you don’t have the right tools, however, you may find that it takes your law enforcement agency a long time to do anything.
- Having access to public records makes it easier to start with your search regardless of other information you have.
Using Every Tool at Your Disposal
One of the most important things to do is to always work with whatever tools you have. After all, if you have a tool and you’re not using it, that tool is just sitting around idly when it could be helping you solve crimes and keep the community safe. Public records are public and available to anyone, so why aren’t you using them? A public records search engine makes it easier for you to gain access to valuable tools that can maximize your efforts.
- You should always use all the tools you have available because it can seriously impact your agency’s function.
- There are many tools available to many law enforcement agencies that they don’t use because they’re not sure how.
- If you’re interested in making the most out of all your tools, it’s important to find a public records search engine you trust.
Finding and Contacting Potential Witnesses
There are many people who may have been witnesses to a crime or who may have important information that can help you solve it. However, especially if none of those witnesses came forward as soon as the crime happened, it can be very difficult to track them down. With a public records search engine, you can get contact information and linking information that can help you contact all of these individuals.
- Witnesses are invaluable when you’re trying to solve a crime or officially charge an individual with a crime.
- If you don’t have access to witnesses, you usually can’t charge an individual with a crime.
- Instead of just wishing you had contact information, you can use a public records search engine to get that information.
Working Alongside Your Community
Working with the community is an incredibly important part of your job. Of course, your community wants you to keep them safe, but even more importantly, your community wants you to listen to their needs and desires. When you work alongside your community rather than against it, you’ll be more likely to have a healthy relationship. Having access to quality databanks can help you build that sense of community.
- If you’re working alongside your community, you’re more likely to have a better response to your policing efforts.
- Crafting community policing strategies with the community you’re helping is an important part of better policing.
- The vast amount of information available through a public records search engine makes it easier to work with your community.
“Your service has made my effectiveness as a Police Investigator much better. I've been using it on a Cold Case Murder and tracking down numerous witnesses from 45 years ago, including finding a John Smith numerous states away. I LOVE IT!”
Keego Harbor Police Dept
Use Tracers to Train New Officers and Maximize Your Case Response
Clearly, a public records search engine can be extremely valuable to law enforcement agencies looking for a new way to handle issues in the field. However, if you don’t have a high-quality public records search engine, you might end up with low-quality information. That can set you back even further than if you had none at all.
The answer here is to use Tracers software. With Tracers, you can get the highest-quality information available, all in one place. You can obtain information about criminal records, assets and more. This is all information that can be immensely helpful for your community policing efforts, making it easier to serve your community.