Increase right-party contact more easily
When your collection agency is looking to get in contact with someone, it’s crucial that you always have right-party contact. “Right-party contact” describes contact information that puts you into contact with the person you think you’re talking to. It ensures that you’re talking to the right people so you don’t spend days or weeks trying to track down the wrong individual. Here’s how a public and private records search engine and the right collections software could help your agency with right-party contact.
Find up-to-date contact information for collections right-party contact
Collection agencies that get records from creditors may have contact information, but it’s relatively common for that information to be out of date. Whether an individual’s intentionally skipped town or you’re just seeing a record that’s old enough that someone’s changed contact information since the record started, it’s important that you get up-to-date information for right-party contact. A professional skip tracing software like Tracers can help you find that information.
- Contact information on any and all of your debtors is generally useless if it’s not as up to date as possible.
- If you’re trying to get in touch with a debtor, it’s important that you’re able to access up-to-date information.
- With a public records search engine, you’ll be more likely to access the most recent information available.
Append multiple pieces of contact information at once to increase quality right-party contact
There are a variety of ways to contact an individual. Sometimes, you may even be legally required to contact an individual using a variety of methods before you can collect on a debt. For example, many states require that you send an individual a letter within a certain amount of time after first contact. You might need to look for someone’s address, email address, phone number and other methods of contact. A public records search engine with tools like phone appends can be a helpful method of doing just that.
- With so many different ways to contact an individual, it’s important to get as much contact information as possible.
- The first step in your collection agency’s path toward collecting on a debt should be to gather this contact information.
- More contact information is easier when you have a public records search engine that offers high-risk addresses, deceased records, SSN information, dates of birth, phone numbers, and more options.
Maintain right-party contact by finding employers and relatives
When you’re trying to skip trace an individual, it’s not enough to know where this person’s last known residence was. Sometimes, that might lead you to a dead end. In these cases, you may be legally allowed to contact the individual’s last known employer or relatives to ask those people questions about where the debtor may currently be. With a powerful public records search engine, you can get this type of information and even skip trace many people at once with batch skip tracing.
Someone’s employer may be able to give you more information about where a person currently lives or how to get in touch with them.
- An individual’s relatives or family members may be able to tell you if the person is living with them or living nearby.
- Regardless of how you’ll end up using the information, you should be utilizing a quality public records search engine to get it.
- Remove uncollectable records more accurately
There are many reasons a record may become uncollectible. Maybe the person who has the record died before you were able to collect it. Maybe the individual declared bankruptcy, wiping out the record you’re collecting. Maybe the debtor settled with a different legal team. No matter the reason, finding and removing uncollectable records is much easier when you have a public records search engine to do it.
- Uncollectable records can throw a wrench into your collection agency’s plans, especially if you don’t catch them early.
- Trying to collect on uncollectable records just wastes your time and the time of the person you’re contacting.
- When you utilize a public records search engine, you can remove uncollectable records early in the process.
- What can Tracers do to help your collections agency maintain right-party contact?
Clearly, instant right-party contact that’s easy to access can help your collection agency save time, money and effort in every case. When you’re able to do that, it follows that you’ll be able to make more money in the future. It’s important that your collection agency has the high-quality tools it needs for better research and contact information.
With Tracers, you can upgrade your collection agency’s ability to maintain right-party contact. Tracers pulls from over 43 billion records, drawn from 6,000 sources, to offer you up-to-date information on all the debtors you have to track down. Your collection agency can utilize searches from Tracers for instant right-party contact.
Tracers is a proud member of associations across the country
Explore More Solutions