Criminal record searches are useful to a variety of people, including everyone from everyday sleuths to licensed investigators. If you run a legal firm, you more than likely have a reason to run criminal record searches every day. This can be important for many different firms, even firms that don’t regularly concern themselves with criminal records. If you’re a legal professional, here are a few ways you can use a public record search engine in identifying criminal records.
Understanding Someone’s Full Background
Criminal records paint a picture of someone’s background that can be very useful in understanding them. On top of that, they give you an insight into a person’s character; if you ask about someone’s criminal history and they lie about it, you know they may be lying about other things as well. Criminal record search software can give your firm valuable insight into someone’s life.
- Whether you’re trying to understand a client or a dissenting party, criminal records can help you do it.
- You can use criminal records to more fully understand someone’s background and their truthfulness.
- Getting a full and complete picture of someone’s criminal history is easiest through a public records search engine.
Differentiating Between Dangerous Crimes and Non-Dangerous Crimes
It’s not just enough to know whether or not someone’s had run-ins with law enforcement. You have to dig deeper, understanding more about what type of crimes the individual in question has received convictions for. Some crimes showcase that a person’s more likely to be violent now or in the future, while others may just be a case of bad judgment. Only with an in-depth search will you be able to see the difference.
- It’s important that you understand more about a person’s criminal history than just whether or not they have one.
- Getting information about the actual crimes someone’s committed is step number one to understanding them.
- A quality public records search engine will help you see information about a person’s criminal background.
Obtaining Records More Easily
Even though these records are often considered “public records,” that doesn’t mean they’re always easy to get. Historically, licensed investigators would have to comb through courthouse records to find the record they were looking for, and it can be expensive to get a copy of these records. The ease with which a public records search engine can deliver these records is a reason many people are turning to them.
- The old-school method of getting access to public records requires you to put in a lot of work and money.
- It’s easier to obtain records through methods like batch appending, an API system, and other tech-savvy options.
- When you invest in the best public records search engines out there, you can get this criminal record data.
Getting an Up to Date Picture
An important part of choosing a public records search engine is learning more about a person right now. You don’t want to find information only to learn that information is out of date, and you’ve wasted time basing your guesses off out-of-date information. Instead, you want a public records search engine that will provide you with information that actually pertains to whatever case you’re currently working on.
- It’s not enough for you just to get information about someone; you want to know you can count on that information.
- Reading the most up-to-date information is always the best way for you to understand more about an individual.
- You should choose a public records search engine with Real-Time Incarceration information and other up-to-date knowledge.
“One of the biggest differences between Tracers and [other providers] is the personally identifiable information that Tracers provides.”
Kerr Russell Paralegal
How Can Tracers Help With a Criminal Record Search?
Performing a criminal record search can be frustrating if you’re trying to rely exclusively on courthouses for the information you’re trying to access. However, finding information through a courthouse may be the only way you know how to get accurate, reliable data. With Tracers, you no longer have to worry about that problem.
Tracers gives you access to all sorts of criminal records information, including arrest records, department of corrections records, court conviction records, sex offender records, and more. You can even get access to on-site county criminal records from every American county.
With a fast turnaround, access to information through partner sources, and the industry’s best pricing for on-site county criminal records, Tracers has what you need to do your job well. Access criminal records through Tracers’ many options and you can get to work keeping your business and your community safe.