Criminal record search you can trust
Criminal record searches are useful to a variety of people, including everyone from everyday sleuths to a law enforcement agency to licensed investigators. If you run a legal firm, you likely need to run criminal record searches every day. However, running criminal records searches can be helpful to a variety of different firms other than just criminal defense law firms or firms working on criminal investigations. Whether you’re a legal professional, a licensed investigator, or in another industry entirely, here are a few ways you can use a public and private record search software to identify criminal records.
How to search criminal records to understand someone’s full background
Criminal records paint a picture of someone’s background, which can be very useful for a due diligence investigation. Other than just providing you with information about history, they give you an insight into a person’s character — if you ask about someone’s criminal history record and they lie about it, you know they may be lying about other things as well. A criminal record search can give your firm or business valuable insight into someone’s life.
- Whether you’re trying to understand a client or a dissenting party, criminal record checks can help you do it.
- You can use criminal records to more fully understand someone’s background, behavior, and character.
- Getting a full and complete picture of someone’s criminal history is easiest with the best criminal records search engine.
Use a criminal record check to differentiate between crimes
It’s not enough to know whether or not someone’s had run-ins with law enforcement. To perform the best background search, you may have to dig deeper, understanding more about what type of crimes the individual in question has received convictions for. Some crimes showcase that a person’s more likely to be violent now or in the future, while others may just be a case of bad judgment. Only with an in-depth people search engine will you be able to see the difference in someone’s criminal history record.
- It’s important that you understand more about a person’s criminal history than just whether or not they have one.
- Getting information about the specific crimes someone has committed is an important piece in understanding them.
- A quality public and private records records database software will help you see detailed information about a person’s criminal background, like specific offenses and their descriptions.
How to find public criminal records more easily
Even though criminal records are often considered “public records,” that doesn’t mean they’re always easy to get. Historically, licensed investigators would have to comb through courthouses to find the court records they were looking for, which can be expensive and take up too much valuable time, especially when you’re doing a time-sensitive task like skip tracing individuals for an investigation. A public records search engine, on the other hand, quickly searches through billions of records, including criminal records, for you and provides the results in one simple and easy-to-read report. The speed, ease of use, and affordability with which a public records search engine can deliver these records is why many people choose to use them for their criminal records searches.
- The old-school method of getting access to a criminal history record, like going to a courthouse or library, requires a lot of work and money.
- It’s easier to obtain public records through a cloud-based search engine that you can access from any device, anywhere you want.
- Tracers not only offers criminal records you can access from any device, but you can also collect data in a way that fits your needs, whether that’s with individual searches, batch skip tracing, an API system,
Get an up-to-date picture with a public criminal records search
An important part of using a public records search engine is being able to learn more about a person right now. You don’t want to find information for legal research or another investigation only to learn that it is out of date and you’ve wasted time basing your guesses off outdated information. Instead, you want a public records search engine that will provide you with current information that actually pertains to whatever case you’re currently working on.
- It’s not enough for you just to get information about someone when building a case or performing an investigation — the information needs to be accurate and reliable.
- Gathering the most up-to-date information is always the best way for you to understand more about who an individual is at that time.
- To ensure you have the most accurate picture of someone and their criminal activity, you should choose a public records search engine that continuously updates records and even provides real-time incarceration information.
How can Tracers help with a criminal record search?
Finding relevant criminal records can be difficult if you’re trying to rely exclusively on courthouses for the information. However, you may also be concerned that other avenues for searching criminal records won’t provide accurate and reliable data. With Tracers, you no longer have to deal with either of these issues.
Tracers is the best search engine for criminal records because it gives you access to all sorts of criminal records information, including arrest records, department of corrections records, court conviction records, sex offender records, and more. You can even get access to on-site county criminal records from every American county.
With a fast turnaround, access to information through partner sources, and the industry’s best pricing for on-site county criminal records, Tracers has what you need to do your job well. Access criminal records through Tracers many searching options and you can get to work building your case, performing an investigation, or just generally keeping your business and community safe.
What are criminal records?
Criminal records paint a picture of someone’s background that can be very useful in understanding them — and not just their run-ins with law enforcement. Criminal records give you insight into a person’s character; if you ask about someone’s criminal history and they lie about it, you know they may be lying about other things as well.
What do I need to access criminal records?
Even though criminal records are often considered “public records,” that doesn’t mean they’re always easy to get. Historically, licensed investigators would have to comb through courthouse records to find the record they were looking for, and it can be expensive to get a copy of these records. The ease with which a criminal records database software can deliver these records is a reason many people are turning to them.
What do criminal records reveal?
Performing a criminal records search with a public records search engine like Tracers helps you learn more about who a person is right now. You don’t want to find information only to learn that it is out of date. Instead, a thorough criminal records search should reveal information that actually pertains to whatever case you’re currently working on – like arrest records, department of corrections records, court conviction records, and sex offender records.
How can I get started with criminal records?
In order to start looking into criminal records, you will need access to a public records database to run a criminal records search. A search engine for criminal records like Tracers gives you accurate, reliable data and access to a variety of different criminal records with a fast turnaround.
Explore More Solutions