Criminal records search you can trust
Criminal records searches are useful for a variety of people, from everyday sleuths to law enforcement agencies to licensed investigators. If you run a legal firm, you likely need to run criminal record searches every day. Running criminal records searches is also helpful to more firms than just criminal defense law firms or firms working on criminal investigations.
How to search criminal records to understand someone’s full background
Criminal records paint a picture of someone’s background, which can be very useful for a due diligence investigation. Other than just providing information about history, they give you an insight into a person’s character. If you ask about someone’s criminal history and they lie, that may mean they are lying about other things as well. A criminal record search can give your firm or business valuable insight into someone’s life.
- Whether you’re trying to understand a client or a dissenting party, criminal record checks can help you do it.
- You can use criminal records to more fully understand someone’s background, behavior, and character.
- Getting a full and complete picture of someone’s criminal history is easiest with the best criminal records search engine.
Use a criminal record check to get detailed information on crimes
It’s not enough to know whether or not someone’s had run-ins with law enforcement. To perform the best background search, you may have to dig deeper. This requires understanding more about what type of crimes the individual in question has received convictions for.
Some criminal records show that a person’s more likely to be violent now and in the future. Other criminal convictions may just be a case of bad judgment. Only an in-depth people search engine will reveal these details about someone’s criminal history record.
- It’s important that you understand more about a person’s criminal history than just whether or not they have one.
- Getting information about the specific crimes someone has committed is an important piece to understanding them.
- A quality public and private records records database provides detailed criminal history information, like specific offenses and their descriptions.
How to find public criminal records more easily
Even though there is technically public access to criminal records, that doesn’t mean they’re always easy to get. Historically, licensed investigators had to go to court clerk offices to request the court records they needed. This is expensive and tedious, especially for time-sensitive tasks like skip tracing. Instead, you can perform a criminal records search in a public records search engine.
A public records search engine quickly searches through billions of records, including criminal records, for you. The results are then provided in one simple and easy-to-read report. The speed, ease of use, and affordability of a public records search engine makes it a top choice for many people.
- The old-school method of finding criminal history records requires a lot of work and money.
- A cloud-based public records search engine allows you to access public records from any device, any time you want.
- With Tracers, you can access criminal records from any device. You can also collect data in a way that fits your needs. For example, you can use individual web site searches, batch skip tracing, or an API system.
Get an up-to-date picture with a public criminal records search
An important part of using a public records search engine is learning more about who a person is right now. You don’t want to find information for legal research or an investigation then learn it’s outdated. This means you’ve wasted time basing your guesses off outdated information. Instead, you want a public records search engine that provides current information pertaining to the case you’re currently working on.
- When building a case and conducting an investigation, you need people information that is accurate and reliable.
- Gathering the most up-to-date information is the best way to understand more about who someone currently is.
- To get the most accurate picture of someone’s criminal activity, choose a public records search engine that frequently updates records and provides real-time incarceration information.
How can Tracers help with a criminal record search?
Finding relevant criminal records can be difficult if you’re trying to rely exclusively on courthouses for the information. However, you may also be concerned that other avenues for searching criminal records won’t provide accurate and reliable data. With Tracers, you no longer have to deal with either of these issues.
Tracers is the best criminal records search engine for criminal records because it provides access to comprehensive criminal records and case information. You can search arrest records, case numbers, case files, court documents, department of corrections records, court conviction records, sex offender records, and more. You can even get access to on-site county criminal records from every American county.
With a fast turnaround and the best pricing for on-site county criminal records, Tracers has what you need. Access criminal records through Tracers to help build your case, perform an investigation, or generally keep your business and community safe.
What is a criminal records search?
A criminal records search searches through criminal records and provides results in easy-to-read reports. These criminal records can be useful for understanding people. For example, they can provide insight into a person’s character.
Who can access a criminal records search?
Even though criminal records are often considered “public records,” that doesn’t mean they’re always easy to get. Historically, licensed investigators would have to comb through courthouse records to find what they were looking for. Instead, legal professionals, licensed investigators, law enforcement agents, and more can use a criminal records search in a public records database.
What does a criminal records search reveal?
A criminal records search in a public records search engine reveals up-to-date criminal case information pertaining to what you’re working on. This can include arrest records, case records, department of corrections records, court conviction records, and sex offender records.
What do I need to get started with a criminal records search?
In order to start conducting a criminal records search, you will need access to a public records database like Tracers. Tracers provides accurate, comprehensive criminal records data. With a fast turnaround and the best pricing for on-site county criminal records, Tracers has what you need.
Explore More Solutions