One of the most common things collection agencies need to do is track down an individual who really doesn’t want you to find them. This is known as skip tracing, and it’s traditionally been a very difficult process. That’s because you need to utilize the information you have, which is often very limited, to come to a conclusion about where a person is right now. More frequently, collection agencies are starting to use public records search engines to handle some of the more difficult parts of skip tracing. Here are a few ways public records can help you with skip tracing.
Running Skip Trace Searches on Anyone
A people search can be an incredibly useful thing for skip tracing. Skip tracing draws on a lot of pieces of information; knowing that someone’s never lived outside of a specific state can be more useful than you might think for skip tracing. With the right public records search engine, you can:
- Find returns, address history, phone numbers, relatives, associates and their contact information.
- Information that might not look useful can help you build a profile of an individual or come in handy later.
- When you’re looking for the most information in high volume, you should definitely consider a batch skip tracing for the broadest glimpse
Utilizing Real-Time Data Skip Tracing Tools
Of course, in the world of skip tracing, real-time data is king. You can’t rely on out-of-date data when you’re skip tracing. Even data that comes to you from a few weeks ago may be too out of date for you to rely on it. Having a public records search engine that offers immediate results and utilizes real-time data directly from the Credit Bureau is a great way to avoid these issues with out-of-date data.
- Real-time data is an incredibly important tool that can help you manage your cases more easily.
- You want data that’s as up-to-date as possible, as stale and inaccurate data can just waste your time.
- With a public records search engine, you may be able to get data directly from the Credit Bureau.
Processing Specific Records at Once
When you’re running a collection agency, it’s most common for your company to receive huge batches of debtors at once. That means, in turn, you need to be able to process lots of records at one time. It’s the best way to maximize your employees’ time. With a public records search engine, you’ll be able to append data to lots of records at once, including Asset Searches, Workplace Records, and more.
- Effectiveness should be your main goal when you’re considering what tools to use for your collection agency.
- If you have to handle multiple records every day, consider these checks for easier appending.
- A high-quality public records search engine may be able to offer your agency a range of data options.
Creating a Thorough and Efficient Skip Tracing Process
Crafting a process can be a useful part of skip tracing for some collection agencies. When you get a brand new client, what do you do first? Do you put your new list of debtors through batch processing? Do you weed out deceased records? Do you split up the list between “easier” and “more difficult” cases? When you have strong tools through a public records search engine, you can create a process.
- Having a process that you put every batch of debtors through can be useful for a collection agency.
- This process allows you to identify problems, maximize your efficiency, and maintain structure in your agency.
- You need to know you’re relying on strong tools for the best process, which is why a public records search engine can be helpful.
“Your service has made my effectiveness as a Police Investigator much better. I've been using it on a Cold Case Murder and tracking down numerous witnesses from 45 years ago, including finding a John Smith numerous states away. I LOVE IT!”
Keego Harbor Police Dept
How Can Tracers Data Help Your Company Skiptrace More Effectively?
With more and more companies starting to utilize public records search engines for skip tracing, it’s clear there’s something to the idea. However, it can be difficult to know exactly how a public records search engine can help until you have use cases for the engine. Tracers is useful because it has so many extremely specific ways you can utilize its data.
With Tracers, you can choose from a variety of ways to access data, including batch processing, API, and more. When you do, you’ll get access to records with 99% coverage of the adult population, with over 43 billion records from over 6,000 data sources. If you’re looking for the most effective and thorough public records search engine, look no further than Tracers.
What is skip tracing software?
Skip tracing software allows someone to find and track persons-of-interest, find witnesses and other individuals by running information through a public or private search engine database. Skip tracing software can provide even more than simple location and contact data. The best skip tracing software will allow the user to run batch skip tracing and search a high volume of names at once.
Who can use skip tracing software?
Skip tracing software is used by law firms, private investigators, bounty hunters, debt collectors and even real estate agents. Larger companies or firms may want to utilize batch skip tracing that connects via an API and can search a high volume of names at once. Depending on the information you are looking for, you may have to have a certain license to pass a credentialing process before you get access to skip tracing software.
What does skip tracing software reveal?
Skip tracing software reveals a person’s details such as address history, phone numbers, relatives, associates and their contact information. Using skip tracing software that offers immediate results and utilizes real-time data directly from the Credit Bureau is a great way to avoid issues with out-of-date data. Skip tracing software can also uncover information that might not look useful but can help you build a profile of an individual or come in handy later.